Detroit Zoo Heats Up for Wild Summer Nights
ROYAL OAK, Mich., June 11, 2014 – The Detroit Zoo gets even wilder on Wednesdays during July and August with the annual Wild Summer Nights concert series, presented by Genisys Credit Union. Concerts take place in the Main Picnic Grove from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 2 through Aug. 27, 2014, and are free with Zoo admission.
Wild Summer Nights features a variety of live music from local bands, including children's, folk, country, Motown and R&B. Guests are welcome to bring blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions.
• July 2 – Julianne Ankley (country)
• July 9 – The Sun Messengers (Motown and R&B)
• July 16 – Mr. Seley and the Troublemakers (children's)
• July 23 – The Verve Pipe (children's)
• July 30 – Jill Jack (folk)
• Aug. 6 – Billy Brandt and the Sugarees (Americana)
• Aug. 13 – The Ragbirds (folk rock)
• Aug. 20 – Candy Band (children's)
• Aug. 27 – Joe Reilly and the Community Gardeners (children's)
Admission prices are reduced to $6 for all guests after 6 p.m. on Wednesdays in July and August; members are admitted free. The Zoo remains open until 8 p.m.
Wild Summer Nights is also supported by Door to Door Organics, Ford, IBEW Local 58, Outback Steakhouse and Valvoline Instant Oil Change.